Committed to Helping Our Environment Through Sustainable Solutions
For Our Customers. For Our Businesses. For Our Environment.
Learn & Join Us in Sustainable Practices
MOPAC recycles your grease into environmentally friendly bio-fuels and feed for animals. Our commitment to the environment and to high quality is unsurpassed. Our employees are HACCP trained, and our operations are overseen by FDA inspectors, Mopac is Licensed by the PA Department of Agriculture.
MOPAC recycles close to 8 million gallons of used vegetable oils per year for distribution into the fats and animal feed ingredient industries and the environmentally friendly bio-fuels market. We see our participation in the bio-fuels market throughout the world as an opportunity to further our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint.
We encourage all users of cooking oil to recycle their Used Cooking Oil and by doing so, they will have participated in a world-wide focus on pollution control.
We are committed to the health and welfare of the natural environment, preserving the ecosystem through pollution prevention, and to continually improve the ecological aspects of our company operations. By working together in this goal we can set the example for future generations.
Some of the ecological contributions MOPAC makes annually:
- We recycle over 50 million gallons of water within our rendering operations, the equivalent of annual water usage of over 200 family homes.
- We recover over 8,000 dekatherms of heat from the rendering facility annually, the equivalent of heating 300 family homes for an average winter.
- The facility also utilizes a high temperature condensate system that brings back steam condensate at a higher temperature, this system saves the facility from burning 327,704 gallons of oil.
- The facility also recovers a waste heat stream that is utilized to make hot water for processing plant, this system recovers 11.3 MMBTU’s (one million British Thermal Units) per hour and saves the facility from burning 460,579 gallons of fuel.
- Total energy: oil offset: 1,297,773 gallons of oil annually, 194,860 MCF (million cubic feet) of natural gas annually.
- The utilization of various waste heat sources at the facility is reducing our greenhouse gas emissions by 11,650 tons annually.
- The facility utilizes an extensive reconditioned water program, water that is utilized for non-contact cooling of various pieces of equipment is captured and utilized for various non-potable uses at the facility.
- The facility is recovering and utilizing 194,000 gallon of water each operating day utilizing this system.
- The facility utilizes treated wastewater in their operation in areas where non-potable water is acceptable. The facility is utilizing 84,000 gallons per operating day.
- Total water saving: 70,890,000 gallons annually.
- We recycle over 650,000,000 pounds of product annually; keeping this material from being land filled.
- We provide close to 3 million gallons annually to the bio-fuels market
We are a part of a much larger corporation this is the link to our corporate sustainability site to give you some info on what our parent corporation is also doing from a sustainability standpoint.
For Your Customers. For Your Business. For Your Environment.
Mopac Rendering, has recycled inedible by-products and used vegetable oils for distribution into the fats and animal feed ingredient industries for more than 100 years. Mopac Rendering is a forward-looking company that seeks sound operations and growth through practical, proactive decisions. Mopac Rendering recognizes that an enhanced management of environmental affairs promotes not only the sound operation of the facilities, but also the health and welfare of the natural environment.
To this end, Mopac Rendering is committed to:
- Preserve the environment through pollution prevention.
- Continually improve the environmental aspects of the company.
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation and regulations and other environmental requirements to which we subscribe.
These commitments are supported by a structured management system that identifies the environmental impacts of the businesses; that sets and periodically reviews environmental objectives and targets to limit the impacts; and, that expects employees to promote these commitments.