What MOPAC Transportation is:
MOPAC is a quality rendering facility that exists primarily to recycle the byproducts from the community to reuse for different purposes. Our drivers collect fat, bone, and grease from meat-packing plants, butcher shops, grocery stores, restaurants institutions and businesses ranging from northern Virginia to below Connecticut.These truck driving jobs are unique as a driving option that is not mired in long-haul weeks-long driving.
The drivers run local routes to customer locations to collect materials using both 40 foot trailers as well a 3 axle straight trucks and are both equipped with hydraulic bucket lifts.We collect used cooking oil using vacuum pumps, where the axle trucks are equipped to receive 55 gallon drums and the trailers are able lift and dump collect tanks using a hydraulic boom lift.
The position is a physically active driving position where drivers are expected to move brutes and drums using handcarts.
Our routes are local, so drivers are expected to stay out only one or two nights a week in order to best utilize the load capacity of our trucks, but accommodations at hotels are provided.
Benefits Over Long Haul Driving:
- Paid hourly, and weekly
- Monday through Friday work week (occasional rare weekend work scheduled)
- 1 or 2 overnights a week, the rest can be spent at home rather than on the road
- 45-55 hour average work week, overtime allotments weekly
- Full benefit package including medical, prescription, dental, and vision
- Employer matching 401-K
- Vacation & Holidays
- Uniforms provided free
- Company store with JBS providing superior beef & foodstuffs
- Drivers average 14 years of employment with MOPAC
- Must be 21 or older
- Good, verifiable safety and work performance history
- Good driving record
- Has a class A (or B)-CDL driving license
- A Tanker Endorsement prior to hiring
- 1 year of driving experience OR
- passed a approved truck driver training school and are willing enroll in our JBS MOPAC training program
- Pass a physical exam